This guide will follow the process I am doing at the moment to power through skyguard rep, with minimal usage of dailies and time. This guide can be followed by any class, but favors those with solid aoe abilities and a 280 or 310% flying mount. As the guide progresses, I will note and explain several rules to following it. I will recap them at the end. Below is a map of all the major points you will need.
Pre-Quests and Starting the Grind
Rule 1: Keep your inventory as clean as possible. You will be getting lots of cloth, greens, greys, and quest items which you will probably want to sell. Destroy food/water, non-equip greys, and light feathers for most effective spaceusage. 1. Start at the blue dot (Skyguard camp) and accept the quest World of Shadows.
2. Leave the camp and kill Arrakoa (the humanoids, ignore the birds, trees, water elementals, etc.) to get 6 Shadow Dust. Return to the camp and complete the quest. This will award you 250 rep.
3. Apply the Elixir of shadows you just got and accept Secrets of the Talonpriests and follow the map, killing the 3 Talonpriests. Talonpriest Ishaal will drop a quest item that starts Ishaal’s Almanac.
Rule 2: Keep moving! To maximize your efforts, you need to clear as many areas as you can while you have your elixir. While your elixir is down, you can go to town to sell or mail items.
4. Your elixir has a 20 minute duration, and we want to use that as effectively as possible. Mount up and fly to the nearest farm point, aggro all the nearby mobs, and aoe them down. In general, the best spots are the treetop platforms which can hold from 3-6 undead arrakoa and 0-2 normal ones. Monster kills will award you 10 rep each.
Rule 3: Pull selectively, but loot indiscriminately. The treetop platforms have both living and unliving arrakoa. You want to focus your farming on the unliving ones, but you will need Shadow Dusts (drop from living) to make more elixirs. Pull entire treetop platforms, including living mobs and loot them all.
Rule 4: DONT DIE! Pretty obvious for any activity in WoW, but do not die to mobs or other players. Generally this should not be a problem, since Skettis has very few visitors, but this will cause your elixir to fall off and force you to buy a new one.
5. Farm the unliving Arrakoa for Time-Lost Scrolls until your elixir wears off. I usually have around 50. You should aim for minimum 40.
6. There are several things we need to do here.
a) Return to the camp and hand in Secrets of the Talonpriests and Ishaal’s Almanac. These will give 250 and 75 rep respectively. Accept the quest An Ally in Lower City.
b) Trade in all of your Shadow Dust for elixirs. 6 Shadow Dusts will award you 1 Elixir and 150 rep.
7. Fly to Shattrath and talk to Rilak the Redeemed in Lower City. He is in the North East corner of the city. This will start the quest Countdown to Doom and award you 75 rep.
8. Return to the Skyguard camp and turn in Countdown to doom and accept Hazzik’s Bargain. This will award you 75 rep.
9. Go inside the hut in East Skettis and open the box for Hazzik’s Package. Return to camp and turn it in for 75 rep.
10. Accept A
Shabby Dis***** and talk to the friendly Arrakoa in the hut to buy Adversial Bloodlines. Return to camp and turn it in for 150 rep.Rule 5: The Skull Piles are used to summon minibosses and Terokk. They each have a respawn timer, with Terokk’s being far longer. If there are none available, sell your junk, mail valuables, and come back.
11. Accept the quest Adversarial Blood and travel to one of the miniboss spawns. Summon a miniboss (costs 10 Time-Lost Scrolls) and kill him, looting a vendor item and a green. Save the greens, we will use them to summon Terokk. See the end of the guide for a quick explanation of the Bosses.
12. Repeat step 10, summoning a different boss each time. We will need one of those green items from each of the 4 bosses. If you have extra scrolls, continue summoning minibosses until you have less than 10. Each one of these minibosses will award you with 100 rep.
13. Return to the camp and turn in Adversial Bloodlines. You will be awarded with 350 rep and a Time-Lost Offering. Accept Terokk’s Downfall
14. Fly to the Terokk spawn and use the skull pile to summon him. Killing him awards 500 rep, and something from his loot table, sometimes BoE, BoP, rare or epic. Return to the camp and hand in Terokk’s Downfall for a blue vendor item and 1000 rep.
Congratulations! You have finished the extensive part of this guide.
From here, you should have some leftover elixirs. Arakkoa will continue to award 10 rep through to exalted. Farm the unliving Arakkoa for more Time-Lost Scrolls and living arakkoa for Shadow Dusts (150 rep per 6). Once your Elixir wears out, spend your Scrolls on miniboss summons, which will still award 100 rep each. Hand in your Miniboss items to collect more Time-Lost Offerings which will award350 rep per group of 4 items. Kill Terokk. He will continue to award a random drop and 500 rep per kill.
Minibosses and Terokk
Gezzarak the Huntress – Warpstalker boss. Has average damage, a knock back ability, and can teleport behind you. Only important skill is the reduction of your armor to 0. Simply go all out and stomp him.Darkscreecher Akkarai – Frost caster boss. At 80, you should resist most of his frostbolts. Occasionally summons several birds to attack you. Close your eyes and button mash to kill this lulzy boss.
Karrog – The only one of the minibosses that you should approach with caution. Average hits, but uses a fixate ability to focus one target. Fixate slows him, but increases his damage by a large amount. Kite this boss through his fixate if you have low armor, otherwise get ready for 4.5k hits.
Vakkiz the Windrager – Windserpent boss. Uses lightning attacks which are easily resistable at 80. Easy, but not as easy as Akkarai.
Terokk – Note: I have only done this as a warlock. I encourage suggestions and will edit them in if members confirm your strategy. Terokk will occasionally Shadowbolt Volley, which is easily resistable at 80. As well, he will cleave
melee targets. Terokk occasionally applies several buffs to nearby enemies, which either negate threat gain or increase threat gain and damage by 100%.
Terokk has a slow run speed, making him kitable if neccessary. As Terokk’s health drops, he will cast Divine Shield, making him Immune to everything. Divine Shield has a long (infinite?) duration. After Terokk shields, several NPCs will
use /yell emotes followed by puffs of blue smoke appearing in his summoning circle. To remove his shield, kite him to this smoke, which will turn into a patch of blue fire. After his shield is broken, his attack speed increases by 50% and his attack damage increases by 100% but he is vunerable to attack. He will shortly reapply his Divine Shield, which needs to be broken again and repeated if necessary.
Terokk Warlock Strategy – Spec: Demonic Pact 0/56/15
Consumables: Grand Spellstone
Simply avoid dpsing until your Voidwalker has around 100k threat. Use Demonic Empowerment as neccessary to increase your pet’s threat gain and health funnel to keeep your pet alive. at 100k threat, DPS hard until Terokk is around 25% then soulshatter. If he casts Divine Shield before you shatter, he will become immune and you will likely become his target. While immune, heal your pet until you see blue smoke. Set your pet to follow and pull him to the smoke, break the Divine Shield, and dps him down.
Quests (including the first 4 minibosses and terokk kill) – 3200 rep
Trash Mobs – 10 rep
Shadow Dust x6 turnin – 150 rep
Time-Lost Offering turnin – 350 rep
Miniboss – 100 rep 4 miniboss
turnins – 350 rep Terokk – 500 rep 1 full circuit (15m duration
of 1 elixir. Assumes 4 miniboss and does 100% drop rate of Scrolls) – 1550 rep
Rules1. Keep your inventory clean. Leave space before starting the grind and delete/sell the crap that you cannot use/sell.
2. Keep Moving! The Elixirs only last for 15 minutes so kill as much as you can.
3. Pull selectively, Loot everything. Pull groups that have mostly unliving Arakkoa. You need to kill living ones too, but not nearly as many.
4. Don’t Die! Elixirs do not persist through death.
5. The Skull piles for summoning have a respawn timer. If they are not spawned (generally miniboss spawns should be fine), spend a few minutes to sell your junk and mail goodies to an alt.
Seraphant @ MMOwned