Viscidus, the most skipped boss in Ahn’Qiraj Temple, otherwise known as AQ40 has become one of the most sought after bosses with the 5.1 introduction of raid pets because he now has a fairly decent chance to drop the battle pet [Viscidus Globule] from the achievement [Raiding With Leashes]. While a few adventurer’s have been soloing AQ40 for a while now and maybe even Viscidus if they had frost attacks handy most simply skipped him because of the fight mechanics.
Watch your chat window for the messages to time your nuke as he changes colour to blue on the first message – “Viscidus begins to slow” but this is not the time to nuke. He goes a darker colour with the message “Viscidus is freezing up” and then finally “Viscidus is frozen solid”.
Once Viscidus is frozen, you need to shatter him. Do this by hitting him with melee attacks. He needs to be hit with 30 attacks in 30 seconds or he will thaw out and you will need to begin the frost attacks again. The stages of shattering are:
1. “Viscidus begins to crack”
2. “Viscidus looks ready to shatter.
3. “Viscidus explodes”
If Viscidus is under 5% health when he explodes, this will kill him. Otherwise he will explode into a maximum of 20 Globs of Viscidus that need to be killed. Each glob represents 5% of his total health and killing the last one will defeat the boss. However, the globs come back together and Viscidus reforms within a few seconds.
Below you will find a list of weapons, trinkets, and enhancements that can help you to solo Viscidus. If you know of something that should be on this list please leave a comment, and Happy Hunting!
- Bunnhildar Harpoon is a common (white) polearm with a special equip ability “Equip: Inflicts 5 additional Frost damage per swing”. Warsmith Sigfinna located in Burnnhildar Village (47.4-70.4) in the Storm Peaks sells this item for around 18g.
- Brunhildar Bow is a common (white) bow with a special equip ability “Equip: Inflicts 5 additional Frost damage per shot”. Warsmith Sigfinna located in Burnnhildar Village (47.4-70.4) in the Storm Peaks sells this item for around 12g.
- Brunhildar Great Axe is a common (white) 2 hand axe with a special equip ability “Equip: Inflicts 5 additional Frost damage per swing”. Warsmith Sigfinna located in Burnnhildar Village (47.4-70.4) in the Storm Peaks sells this item for around 18g.
- Frost Oil has a relatively low chance to proc (10%), it’s been recommend to use very light weapons such as Dalaran Sword, Dalaran Axe, Dalaran Great Axe, Dalaran Dagger, Dalaran Cudgel.
- Suggested Daggers for that is Dulled Shiv, Sharpened Stilleto, or Kris all of which have speeds of 1.60
- Off-Hand Antique Cornerstone Grimoire
- Barov Peasant Caller
- Defender of the Timbermaw
- Vanquished Tentacle of C’Thun
- Seal of Ascension
- Miniature Voodoo Mask
- Iron Belly Wok
- Terracotta Fragment
- Quilen Statuette
- Mechanical Greench, limited use pet from Winter Veil
- Engineers can use Frost Grenades once a minute.
Video: Mage Solos Viscidus
Video: Rogue Solos Viscidus
Video: Warlock Solos Viscidus
Video: Paladin Solos Viscidus
Video: Monk Solos Viscidus
Video: Hunter Solos Viscidus
Video: Death Knight Solos Viscidus